Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Off hiatus, sort of.

I've been knitting, promise. But sometimes, I just don't feel like talking about it. Who wants to see the extra-long portion of the Mystery Stole? Yes, I added a bit to it since I had an extra week.

The highlight of excitement was when we gave Daisy the remnants of a jar of Jiffy PeanutButter.


Mmm, peanut butter...


Mmm, even the plastic and sticker is tasty...


Can't reach the bottom, woes.


I got the rest out for her with a spoon. Sometimes a dog deserves a gimme. :d

Last night, Mary and I went out for snowcones and we had such a lovely time just talking so I suggested we head out to the Merc just next door and I indulged in some Red Lavender and Fireside Chai. Both are lovely and caffeine-free. Rooibos is really good for you, too. It has your minerals and it's good for digestion problems and it's so very comforting. I love it.

Oh, and yes, I finished The Book. And with relief, I moved back to Wizard's First Rule, except that the characters have all turned into Human Hosepipes, phew. But my friend, Briana, has reassured me that things do improve. But now that it's all over with, I have a few suggestions on what to read next:

The Blue Sword and subsequently The Hero And The Crown, both by Robin McKinley.
Moonheart and Spiritwalk by Charles deLint
The Prydain Chronicles starting with The Book Of Three by Lloyd Alexander (who only recently passed away, sadly).
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle (but if you buy it, buy it from Conlan Press).

So, what books are you reading now?

No comments:

Post a Comment