Saturday, July 21, 2007

Guess what I'm not doing

Today I learned a valuable lesson: If your Wacom Tablet (or other object) is plugged into the computer, it is wise NOT to forget it and trip badly and maybe almost kill the tablet, your ankle, and the computer. Ow.

So, like most of America, I went to pick up the last Harry Potter book. I dressed up because, well, it's the last book. I'm not sure if it was more in the spirit of "Thank Goodness It's Over, I Will Dress Up" or "Kit Feels Like Being Weird And Can Get Away With It Today At Least"



And, of course, I came prepared with the proper tools:



And the nice thing was that I ran into some buddies from the knitting group! Dee-Anna and Emily (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong) who did not dress up but DID come earlier than me and got bracelets of earlier-book-picking-up colors. Emily also won a signed poster (whee!). So we all sat among the knitting books where it was less close and met two knitters and hopefully we'll see one at the next knitting group!

Oh but I was up late. I didn't get home until 2am and I took a peek at the last sentence of the book (I did not see 'scar', did Jo lie or did I just get the wrong page? Was it on the Acknowledgments page?) and started reading the first few chapters.

Playing hardball indeed. My characters would definitely hold a revolt if I were ever so careless with them! What does she think this is, X/1999? Um, if you don't get that, don't worry about it.

But today I had a Harry Hangover and once I recovered, I went to see the movie and by then I was to heartily sick of Harry Potter that I haven't read anymore. I just can't bring up the urge to worry about it too much.

So for now, it's finishing up the book I borrowed from the library (Terry Goodkind's Wizards First Rule which is intriguing but it's no soul-sucking attention-holding Robin McKinley) and glossing over any posts that mention it.

By the way, Dee-Anne, I am so sorry for missing the garden party. I'd forgotten and by the time I remembered, I couldn't find the map! I had put it in a safe place but I guess it was so safe that it was even safe from me. ARGH!

At least an old knitting swap partner whom I've become quite good friends with gave me what she felt was a necessary end to an old swap from, well, last year!



Isn't it amazing? It's such a lovely bag, so beautiful and handmade just for me.



The inside is marvelous, too.

Well, for those of you with noses still buried in their books, do enjoy. I'll catch up with you guys later. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment