Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Works In Progress Wednesday

I have about three. I know, scandalous, most knitters are required to have ten or even twenty at a time. What can I say? I fail as a knitter, woe. All I can say in my defense is that I've completed several projects in the interim so that these ones have taken second, even third place on my list of priorities. But now that I'm pausing between socks, I've decided to go forth and finish some of these projects.

Firstly, there is the Mountain Peaks Shawl in progress. The photo is a little behind, I finished the tip of the edging last night and got another repeat in before crawling into bed.

Lace is never really pretty until it's good and blocked. I look forward to blocking it and showing off the real beauty of this pattern. It's intended for my mother, once it is finished and she'd better like it! Or else I'm keeping it and using it to summon fairies on Midsummer.

Secondly there is the Nantucket Jacket from the Winter 06-07 issue of Interweave Knits. Yes, still that old bone, I just barely finished blocking out the pieces and I'll need to seam and finish it. But here it is, unchanged and waiting patiently (it may have to wait until summer is over, who wants to work with wool when it's hot and humid out?).


Lastly, I was clearing out my drawer that I usually dump all my fiber things into, my spinning and so on, when I found this languishing where I had just dropped it off without any regard to its imaginary and completely unimportant feelings:

I think it was intended for the Yarn Forward Challenge but I never got around to finishing it. Well, I have been working on it as I watch streaming television like the anime The Melancholy Of Haruhi SomeJapaneseGirl (okay, the last name I totally made up because it's long and hard to spell which causes my brain to label it irrelevant. This is inconvenient when it comes to German or Chemistry words and has gotten me in trouble before) or DeathNote The Movie which is utterly awesome and not for people who dislike creepy CG angels of death who do nothing but stand there looking creepy and making smart remarks about the ways of human nature.

And there you have it, my lovely collection of of unfinished objects d'knitting.

Also my thought on Virginia Tech: it's a tragedy but can we find out what's going on outside of this college? I'm curious as to things such as, oh, I don't know, the war! Or am I just being insensitive? I'm just curious as to what our friends over in the Middle-East are doing. How much higher gas prices are going to rise. If I should invest in a gas mask. Things like that which don't relate to a crime of blind hate where the shooter is already dead. He won't do anymore harm and now it's up to those affected to piece their lives back together and that would be so much easier if they weren't under the scrutiny of all of America.

So I turn on BBC World News and at least they're not talking about VT. I get to learn about what's going on in the rest of the world. Something to do with soccer.

...*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment