Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Love is...

...a friend who is willing to make sure your house doesn't burn to the ground/fly away to land on a witch while you're away. Thanks, Mary! You have no idea how often I will have little daymares of coming home and there's nothing left but smoke, sheetrock, and detritus. Or a pair of curled up stripey-socked feet under a corner, ew.

It's also--
A near-completed set of socks the day before the new and final Sock Madness sock pattern comes in. Ooh, Entrelac. P.S. Renji likes to snatch my knitting at times and work on it when I get lazy. He disapproves of projects going stale. I guess he's one for project monogamy. He does not approve of my other projects currently hibernating until Sock Madness II ends. But then again, he doesn't approve of much. Anyways, since it's gotten hotter, I have had less and less desire to actually knit. IN fact, I haven't been doing much other than running early in the morning, then studying my Continuing Education so I can renew my nursing license so I can get a job as a nurse again. I'll have to see if ol' Pioneer Ridge will take me back again. It wasn't a bad job and I liked the people, even if some of them got a little crazy-paranoid at the end. It was the management, though, that I took issue with. Like how the med-aides complained to me about someone making med-errors left and right with the narcs (it was just paper-errors, they were getting to the right people at the right time at the right dose and so on, it just wasn't getting documented properly). So I let my 'boss' know and she said I would have to address it with the person making the errors. I looked at her funny and said "But, isn't that *your* department?" Nope. I guess it was up to me to take this woman with a HUGE FRIGGIN' CHIP ON HER SHOULDER aside and tell her she needs to document her meds properly. Oh man, that was a drama. But she did straighten up on her narcs. Some people's children, though. Oy.

Oh yes, the other socks. The ones that I haven't Ravelried or documented.

There's the Hippy Dippy whateveritis socks that were done in STR Lightweight - Olive Garden and as I was knitting them IN CHURCH (hahaha I'm going to hell), I noticed something.

Yeah, how on earth did I manage to coordinate my church skirt with my socks? WEIRD!


Shh, they are hiding!

And finally, the pretty leafy-type socks that got named Everything But The Kitchen Sink because it included many different techniques, including an afterthought heel, which I thought was quite clever and will have to use again. But there are no pictures because I used the wrong program to resize and pretty up the pictures and they went poof.

Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment