Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Day

I have something to say and it may offend. So for those who are easily offended, you might just want to browse away. Try CuteOverload.com.

So where was I? Oh yeah.

Mother's day. What a crap holiday. There, I said it. I mean, seriously, here's Mom who decided to dedicate the rest of her life to raising us. And let's face it, we're not always grateful. My mom gave me a kidney. I can't pay that back, not really, not ever. But even if she hadn't, I still wouldn't be able to pay her back for the endless hours she spent raising me, teaching me to dress myself, speak properly, behave in a civilized manner, drying my tears, laughing with me, sharing my indignities, going to battle for me, and the list goes on. I don't think any of us can. And what does she get in return?

A DAY.

Excuse me for saying so but if that's not just insulting, I don't know what is. It's even more disgusting than Valentine's day! "Thanks for wiping my butt when I messed all over myself. Have a day." Right. Whatever.

I love my mom every day, not just today. She's shown me much and she's become one of my closest friends. I confide to her like I confide to my best friend. That's a privilege. No one else is that close to me.

So to you mothers out there, have more than a day. And remember that your children, even at their worst and most ungrateful, still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment