Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's not a yarn diet, it's just a priority issue.

I signed up for several 'stash busting' things. For example, the sock-stash picture from previous was for the Lime & Violet Sock Marathon. My piddly not-even-2-miles-of-yarn stash doesn't hold water to some of the other stashes but that's alright. This means I have plenty of room for more.

I am also signed up for The Yarn Focus Challenge. This means that all yarn shopping must be pre-meditated. No ferret-shock shopping at the LYS. Not only that but to be a part, you must give up yarn for a pair of socks. I am not quite sure what I could give up but it's gotta be something. I also must make a chemo hat. That's fine, I have plenty o' yarn for that.

So here's to a new year for making space for more yarn. And with this new job, I'll be able to fund filling that space once the 'yarn diet' is over.

Perhaps for now, I'll concentrate on buying some of the patterns floating about in the ether of the internet.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 AM

    If you don't have any sock yarn you want to send, you can also send yarn for a lace scarf too. Like one skein of laceweight, or 1 skein of cascade.

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebekah! I've got something in mind, no worries. ;)

    ReplyDelete