Thursday, December 14, 2006

Spillin' the beans

You know, I feel like it isn't quite fair to be so very mysterious about this 'family trauma' so let me just lay it out straight. Mom's got breast cancer. She had a Pap Smear in August and her gynecologist didn't find anything then but she went for her mammogram only two weeks ago and they found a lump. And not just a little lump, this thing is an inch or so large. Anyways, biopsy shows it to be malignant but her lymph nodes, so far, are clear. We're all riding on prayers and hopes and candles and good wishes and caring thoughts, so any you wish to share will be highly appreciated.

Anyways, we're feeling optimistic. I guess we're so used to health crises, what with my bum kidneys and all, that we're just soldiering on. Faith and hope really help at times like these.

In the meantime, I've been knitting here and there. Want to see what sweater I decided on?

Can you guess at all? I'll try to get better pictures but it's been so gloomy out here!

Then there's a few other projects that I'm working on. But, y'know, there's just some sort of knitting malaise getting to me. Nothing thrills me, nothing stirs me. Of course, I have mentioned this before and I wonder if it's not the fact that I'm, well, still unemployed. Kind of like adding salt to things to bring out their flavor, work brings out an appreciation for not-working. Being unemployed causes me to feel a bit, well, meaningless. But things may turn around soon. I applied for a job at a retirement 'Manor' just today and I have an interview scheduled for Monday afternoon. Hopefully this will go through, who knows! And then I'll have my knitting mojo back, yes!

That's all I got for now. A pre-emptive thank-you to all well-wishers. Whether you pray or just send good vibes, what matters is that you care and I can hardly express how much I really appreciate it.



P.S. To Marianne - yep, I live here and love the Yarn Barn (though I like KC a bit better when I can get out there)! If you ever get out here again, give me a poke, I'll show you where to get the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:42 AM

    I'll be the first well-wisher! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! I send hugs and good vibes and all that stuff, but I know it's got to be a stressful time for your whole family. Tell your Mom to be like Rocky. Fight good. Eye of the tiger. All that.

    Don't worry about the job, either. Just think how nice it is to have all the spare time! Things will all work out how they're supposed to. They always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, stupid cancer!! My thoughts are with your mom and your whole family! I know you guys are tough but I'll send my best wishes to help out even more! Love from Kentucky!!!

    ReplyDelete