Wednesday, November 08, 2006

LOOK! FOOTPRINTS!

Alright, yes, this is a knitting blog. And if that's all you want, please scroll down, I just thought I should flash my political colors for a second.

I wish I were articulate. For all my writing, I really don't have the patience to sort myself into words. But there are a few authors who published articles concerning the US and Bush's War On Terror that have really struck me.

Orson Scott Card wrote about The Only Issue This Election Day. He says a lot about our current president and I have to say that I agree. I am for the war. Not because I'm a war-monger, I HATE war. But I know that like the body's reaction to infection - fever, malaise, nausea/vomiting, and all the other unpleasant stuff - you have to endure the unpleasant to recover.

And then an opinion article Seeing The Unseen concerning disproving myths that are brought up on bumper stickers. It's amusing and thought provoking.

I suppose my stance is not one that is considered popular to a lot of people I know and love. I am sorry if it makes you uncomfortable, but I am not sorry that I believe what I do. I hold to truth and hope and I believe that everything works out with patience, endurance, and tenacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment