Tuesday, August 15, 2006

SOS prize

I've been soo good with not buying yarn (for myself. Can't give all my gems away to my secret pal!) for the Summer of Stash. I have been wracking my brains, trying to figure out what I wanted to 'reward' myself for being so good. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me...until I went to visit my old haunt, Yarn Barn.

There was a lace-weight merino/tencel yarn known as "Heavenly" or something like that. It's $30 for quite a bit and it's the most gorgeous yarn I've ever seen. And it fits my unending lust for lace. It's perfect. Such sheen and they had the most glorious purple, it's got my name all over it. I just hope it's there by labor day. <3

Oh yeah, and I made it just fine but if I ever move back to Utah, I'll need a new car. I'm thinking about the Honda Fit and not just because they advertised at the dealer where we brought in my Honda Civic Hatchback for a new thermostat that you can fit a llama in it. Though that was certainly a curiousity ("Look, mom, why's there a picture of a llama head over there?").

I have lots of additional M pictures but my computer with all the good stuff on it for making pictures not-so-big and still sharp and pretty is currently not connected to The Wired (Serial Experiments Lain joke, I'm sure one or two of you might not be going HUH? at the moment. Maybe.). We'll get her hooked up with a cable sometime but until then, you'll just have to imagine all the beautiful landscape we went through, the pastel mountains, the miles and miles of "Oh wow, corn maize!" and "Oh look, a tree!" and some at points "Ha, and they say Kansas is flat, I'll show them!".

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the move went okay. My current car is at the beginning of the end, I think, and I've been looking at the Fit too. Either that or that Toyota hybrid wagon thing. It has some ridiculous name that I can never remember. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete