Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hey, how about a Catching-Up post? We all love those.

1. HomesteadMom is still hoping to hit her $5k goal for her 3-Day Breast Cancer March. Click to donate and leave identifying info in case you win...a Wii Fit! I'd love a Wii Fit but her raffle tickets are 1 for $20 and 3 for $50 and I don't have that kind of money. Heh.

2.


There was spinning! I finished it all up and here is a little collage so you can see the process and the product:


I even made a funny, though it didn't really wind up being all that funny:

Click to Embiggen.

It was a real challenge and I have to admit that at the end, I was overwhelmingly sick of fiber and spinning and fleece. But now that I'm not spinning constantly, I'm thinking, "Gee, that was a nice respite from knitting!" but it's back into the fray becaaause--

3.

I joined Ravelympics! I'm in Team Rubberneckers because, well, I could. I'm planning on making the Johanna Top from the Interweave Knits Summer 2007 issue, a cap-sleeved sort of top made of DK weight cotton of which I have scads in a deep deep blue. I decided on it when I looked at the Ravelry Projects page and saw how it looked when appropriately filled out by actual people with breasts and curves. The model in the magazine does not do the poor top justice.

In the meantime, the lace design I'm making is coming slowly. It should look awesome but I'm not a fast knitter and now it's going to have to wait stoically again as I race through top-knitting. Fortunately, it's not going to be all that long, I only have so much cotton. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment