Friday, July 11, 2008

Tour de Fleece

First off, apologies for having two blog posts so close together. I know I lose more readers that way but, well, get over it. I have.



I have actually really gotten into my spinning as you saw in my previous post. But drop spindling takes a good long time, so it's not like you can see whole skeins just falling from some imaginary wheel that I do not have like I've seen on the Ravelry boards (jealous much? Oh yes, yes I am). But I still can't say that I regret the time spent in quiet enjoyment, making a thing spin and creating yarn from fluff. It makes me look at clouds in a whole new light. Mmhmm. But I realize that I need to document this a little better. So here we go, playing catch up.

Day 5
I had already had to empty the spindle once as it got overloaded and there is about 120-some yards on my niddy noddy. And then I got all this spun up:



Day 6
There was a good deal more spinning yesterday and before retiring to bed, this is what I had on the spindle:




It's been a lot of fun. I found Heroes Season 2 to watch while I spin and that really makes it enjoyable.

You know, I needed something to do while summer made things hot and sticky and knitting, even if it was lace, just didn't seem to be the thing. But this has been a lot of fun and I look forward to finishing up all that fiber by the end of the Tour. And maybe as a reward, I'll buy some of Tracy Bunker's hand-dyed fiber to spin up for the NEXT Tour de Fleece.

And finally, I have some exciting news! I'm moving back to Utah, this time with my parents and Daisy. Dad got a job in Dugway and this will be a good opportunity for me to get back to Utah, conquer my CPNE fears, finish my RN and start my career where I had always wanted to in the first place. I look forward to it. In fact, when mom told me, I burst into tears. :D Now, I know some people aren't really down with Utah (not just you, Mary, there are lots of people who don't like it) but I gotta say, the place is what you make it. I love Kansas. I'll miss the green and the indie shops and dressing like a hippie and the Honk For Hemp guy along with the friends I've made here. But I look forward to Utah and my friends with their anime/MST3K nights and that when I sweat, it actually *evaporates* and I feel cool in a breeze, instead of just slightly less miserable. And people smile in Utah. Not that they don't smile in Kansas, it's just that when I'm walking and make eye-contact with a person in Kansas, the eyes do the slide-away and there's no acknowledgment that you even exist where people *do* smile when they see you in Utah.

But that's just me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment