Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New news

A few things have happened since Father's Day.

For one, I attained the long-awaited status of leaving the world of the 20-somethings. I have turned 30 and as much as it's JUST a number, I feel like I'm more of an adult now. I really can't say much more about being 30, except that I am yet another year closer to my dreams, my hopes, and my death. Not to be morbid, but I always grew up with a very intimate knowledge of my mortality. Anyways, I was wished a happy birthday by more people than have ever wished me such before and it really was quite a happy birthday, though I would like to have a few words with the owner of the restaurant my mother and I visited for lunch. I would like to also offer them the loan of How Clean Is Your House, open to the page about cleaning the grill. Nasty. But I got quite a few nice things, including a new camera and a book from my sister (Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, if you're curious). A friend sent me a large package with plentiful goodies. All in all, a very good day.

And then, fun and interest, I changed the colors of my blog. Now it's all purple and the little girl up on the bubbles is a little more appropriately dressed. I didn't realize that the fleshy part was not a blouse, it was her flesh. No, I'm not always very sharp. So I raised the collar, added a sleeve, and tried to fix her hair and face just a little. I may not have been too successful. Please don't look too closely.

I don't have pictures at the moment so instead, I offer a YouTube. Don't pay so much to the Kingdom Hearts II, it's the song that I love, performed by Moosebutter out of Utah. A good friend of mine has a brother in that group.



I dare you not to get this song stuck in your head for days after.

No comments:

Post a Comment