Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mountain Peaks Shawl - Finished!

Actually, she was finished a week or so ago, I just needed some sunlight and a friendly photographer. I found one in my cousin's wife.



But, you know, I just don't really get how to wear shawls. I don't do it normally, I knit this up just because it was a gorgeous pattern. I don't think I'll actually wear it anywhere. Still, it's just nice to have something lacey. Just in case.



Specs
Yarn: Handpainted Laceweight in Sapphire Purple.
Needle Size: #2s.
Length of Time: Started April 1. Finished May 27.
Comments: the yarn is very easily self-felting and I wish I had used the KnitPicks lace as opposed to this lace because there were quite a few times when I really needed to frog a bit and the yarn prevented that. The pattern is very intriguing and keeps your attention. All in all, I really enjoyed this pattern and I'll probably knit this again.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Lovely color choices! I just toss shawls over my shoulders, or I use them bunched up as scarves in the winter or fall. They're just very versitile and allow for underarm ventilation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Wild!! I chose the exact same yarn for this project! I know what you mean about the self felting. I had a small problem with that while finishing the edging. But doesn't it look amazing?! congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Oh, this shawl is so beautiful! What a great pattern, and the yarn you used for it seems just perfect! Great work, and who knows, perhaps one day you'll find the perfect time and occasion to actually wear it - you'll never know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl is beautiful, and great color choice for the pattern. I have been thinking about ordering from handpaintedyarn.com but couldn't tell how the colors will turn out. If only I am not empty in the pocket. Your shawl doesn't seem to be very big, therefore, I will wear it around the neck like a scarf or tie around the hip.

    ReplyDelete