Sunday, January 01, 2012

You could call this your obligatory New Year's post

...and you'd be right.

My NYE wasn't much to really hoot about. Old people don't party and frown upon loud noises and wild celebrating after 8pm. But that's okay, because I got my long-awaited Chinese food and even longer awaited fortune cookie.

The cookie itself was, well, an ordinary cookie but the fortune inside, it sure was something else.



How's that for exciting? And just earlier that day, I had found that a local university was offering an LPN to RN transition program starting fall 2012. If I could get in, I might just start school again. I just hope I can find a way to pay for it all somehow.

So, much like almost every other knitter, I started a project for good luck. I had two skeins of Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica that came home with me at the Three Wishes moving sale:



And yesterday I put two ends together, made a slipknot and did a long-tail cast on with both ends, casting on 200 stitches with a #10.5 US size set of circulars. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far, I did a bit of good work on it during church, which was handy because we start at 9am now and I was up till 1:30am the night before, showering so I didn't have to battle for it in the morning.



It's a really nice stitch, the linen stitch and the two yarns really are working nicely together for now, though we had to sit and discuss whether they would be a brioche scarf (never done brioche before!) or the linen stitch scarf or something else altogether. I think I made a good decision, though. This looks nice.

As I didn't get to do very much partying on NYE, we had a little party tonight instead. Sis brought Ticket To Ride and we had a pretty hilarious time trying to beat each other out.



I came in a close third, my sister in second and my brother in law wiping the floors with us way in front. I can't wait to do it again! I'll cream them all next time, bwahaha!

I will leave you all with a picture of pooped puppies. Because who doesn't love a pair of pooped pups?



Dad took them on an 8 mile walk so they're all tuckered. :D I hope you all had a great New Year's Day and I hope that you manage to fulfill all of your resolutions!

1 comment:

  1. I should have taken a picture with you in it! I've become quite the slacker photographer!

    Love your fortune!

    And yes--there will be a rematch at Ticket to Ride. And yes--BRENT WILL LOSE!! Mwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete