Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Yes. Okay. I get it.

It seems that the older I get, the more people feel it necessary to point out the fact that I'm still single. I already have issues with crowds of people but if I go into crowds of people who know me, be it church, family reunions, office parties or the like, I always get one or two people who think they Really Know Stuff telling me "You know, if you _____, I'm sure you'd find someone!". Oh really now. Because, you see, short of signing myself up for the slaughter online dating services, I've DONE all x, y, z and I've asked guys out and I've been social (which I dislike, I'm just socially awkward) and as you can see, I'm still single. Sorry.

I'm not depressed about being single. It doesn't hurt. I don't sit all day and think "Gee, my life would be perfect if I only had a boyfriend". I've learned to be just fine with having my own time to do my own things, watch my own shows, knit my own stuff, and basically enjoy my own company.

So to all who read this, know that I'm okay. I'm happy enough being single. I have friends, really good friends. I'm not lonely and I don't even think about it. So thank you for the concern, I'm alright.

Except for the shingles, that's not alright. Ow. Though I do like to flout about that I have herpes, har har.

No comments:

Post a Comment